Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Sick Day

I need a sick day but it's not going to happen. I can't tell my two preschoolers that mommy is off duty for the day. My kids were sick last week and they were nice enough to share their germs with me. I knew that I needed to find some low effort projects to keep my high energy kids busy today.

  • I put a few pipe cleaners out on the kitchen table along with a pile of Cheerios for each child. They strung the Cheerios onto the pipe cleaners to their hearts content and we made several bracelets and rings. When they finished their projects, I let them eat the Cheerios off their creations and then start over again.
  • When they tired of that activity, I used Elmers glue to trace each child's name onto a piece of construction paper and then I let them stick Cheerios onto their name.

It was a simple low effort, low energy project for me that kept my kids busy, happy and quiet for awhile. I didn't even have to worry about making them a snack because they ate plenty of Cheerios while doing their projects. They also got to learn about ABC's and work on their fine motor skills.

Weekly Challenge: Have some fun with food. I'll post a few other ideas soon.

Stumble Upon Toolbar Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love cheerios on pipe cleaners too!! :) Great ideas Kim!!! Keep them coming!!

Jen :)
Mom to Zach, Ian & Seth