Thursday, July 11, 2013

Tour and Breakfast on the Farm.

While shopping at a farmers market over the weekend, I noticed a poster at one of the tables that said "Breakfast on the Farm".  I talked to the farmer about it and she offered me free tickets to the event.   As it turns out, the breakfast on the farm event is a Michigan State University Extension.   Families get a tour of the farm, learn about milking cows, get to pet a calf, see the farm equipment, take wagon ride, learn where food comes from, eat ice cream and also eat a farm fresh breakfast.  I'm really excited to take my kids to this event.   It should be a really fun learning experience for our whole family.  Breakfast on the Farm is hosted at various farms in Michigan.    If you live too far to take advantage of one of these great events, you could do a search or ask around at farmers markets in your area to see if something similar is offered near you.  I love finding new, fun, educational activities for my family.  Breakfast on the Farm.

Stumble Upon Toolbar Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: