Saturday, November 10, 2012

Veterans Day

First of all, I want to say thank you to all of our US Veterans!  I appreciate your service...past and present.  My dad was an Army Veteran.  Tomorrow (Veterans Day) would have been my mom & dad's 45th wedding anniversary so it was always an extra special day for our family!    Be sure to say thank you and show appreciation to the Veterans in your life.  My kids made cards for the residents of the local Veterans home.

I also wanted to share a website.  It's geared more for school age kids but parents / teacher's of younger children still might gain something useful from it.   VA Kids

Also, this is a really simple but sweet flag that your child could make and hand deliver to a Veteran that you know.   Veterans Day Flag Note.

Stumble Upon Toolbar Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a good reminder. Maybe we will make flags tomorrow.