Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fall Fun

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful fall. The leaves are starting to change colors and there is a chill in the air here in Michigan. I love this time of the year. My children and I spent this evening creating pumpkin art. My kids painted and decorated large construction paper pumpkins and they also worked on smaller tissue paper pumpkins that we will as fall decorations in our home. I set out a variety of materials for my kids to decorate their pumpkins and they enjoyed using paint, glitter, shape cut-outs, colored pom pom balls, tissue paper, small beads and wiggly eyes. These are no average jack-o -lanterns. It's fun to provide a bunch of materials and let your children be creative.

I want to share a resource that I recently discovered. A Kid's Heart is a fun site offering many free online games and printable activities for children. They have a page of autumn activities that you might enjoy so check it out when you get a chance.

Stumble Upon Toolbar Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

Mrs. Jackson's Class said...

Great blog, ideas, and comments on your blog. Thanks for sharing! You can get more October or fall ideas at http://www.geocities.com/mrsjacksonsclass/octoberthemes.htm .
Thanks,
Mrs. Charlotte Jackson