Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Celebrate America: Fourth of July Children's Books

Our theme this week is "Celebrate America". In addition to making patriotic artwork, crafts, foods and of course, gearing up for fireworks and cookouts, I also brought out several of my America themed books to read to my kids. I thought you might want to look for a few of the following books in your local library this week. If you're looking ahead to next year and want to purchase the books inexpensively (some for as low as .01 plus shipping) you can click on the links to go directly to Amazon.com. Happy Reading!


Red, White, and Blue:The Story of the American Flag. (By John Herman)


Across America, I Love You. (By Christine Loomis)


America The Beautiful. A collection of photographs published by Scholastic Inc. This books combines photography with the words of the song.


Celebrate the 50 States! (By Loreen Leedy)


The Flag We Love. (By Pam Munoz Ryan)


I Am America. (By Charles R Smith) This is one of my personal favorites. It really shows off America's diversity.


Happy 4th of July, Jenny Sweeney. (By Leslie Kimmelman)


Hurray for the Fourth of July. (Wendy Watson)


Yankee Doodle. (By Patti Goodnow) This book contains pictures going along with the silly song.


Fourth of July Mice! (Bethany Roberts)


Stumble Upon Toolbar Add to Technorati Favorites

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would recommend taking a look at Bayard's new range of books covering all ages StoryBoxBooks, AdventureBoxBooks, DiscoveryBoxBooks

Anonymous said...

My favorite site for coloring online is Thecolor.com, an online coloring site for kids and everybody to enjoy.

Kimberly said...

Thanks Jenny, I'm not familiar with that site so I will check it out.